We are elated to announce that ComicMix - a comic book & pop culture website overseen by Mike Gold (yes, THAT Mike Gold) - has taken interest in our humble little 80s-centric webzine and decided to interview myself and executive editor Mark Belkin regarding the origins of this site and our favorite material from DC comics (circa 1980s).
ComicMix is kind of a BIG DEAL to us since it's regular roster of columnists include notable 80s greats such as John Ostrander, Dennis O'Neil, Mindy Newell and Mike Gold himself. Robert Greenberger has also been known to pitch in a review article or three.
Ed Catto, who is also the co-founder of the Bonfire Agency, conducted the interview. Not only is Ed a marketing strategist, he's no slouch when it comes to illustrating, either. Ed graciously allowed us to share two of his recent pieces:
Our interview is up at: http://www.comicmix.com/2016/10/17/ed-catto-talking-about-and-with-dc-in-the-80s/
Here's a few other Ed Catto articles/interviews (written for ComicMix) that you may enjoy:
- Ed Catto: That Other British Invasion
- Ed Catto: World’s Finest Anticipation... and Trepidation
- Ed Catto: Paul Kupperberg Looks Up Into the Sky!
- Ed Catto: Paul Gulacy – More than just the Master of Kung Fu
- Ed Catto: Murphy Anderson – A Legend and a Gentleman